Hello again dear readers, I hope you are enjoying Ramadan to the max, and I sure hope that you tried my previous recipe. Now not many of us know the difference between muffins and cupcakes; sure the overall look is the same, but not the taste, muffins tend to be more moist and have a richer texture than cupcakes, you eat them in breakfast or just enjoy them with your afternoon cup of tea. No frosting is necessary unless you prefer it that way, so this month I’m going to show you the easiest way to make them.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup raisin
- ½ cup butter, melted and cooled.
- ½ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- In a large mixing bowl mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and raisin.
- In another bowl lightly beat the eggs, milk butter and vanilla.
- Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture and fold lightly, stop when you can still see a tiny bit of the flour mixture it’s important not to over mix it, otherwise it won’t be called muffins.
- Pour the batter into your paper muffin cases, you can grease and flour a muffin pan but I’m against the idea, it’s a lot safer to bake in the paper cases. (this recipe makes 12)
- Bake for about 2 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
For chocolate muffins, remove 2 tablespoons of flour and add 2 tablespoons of cocoa , chocolate chips are a plus , and if you don’t have any, you can just cheat * I won’t tell anyone* roughly chop any type of chocolate you have *even sa3eed works XD* and add it to the flour mixture. Experience with any kind of fruits.