Even if its the first time you’re going into the kitchen, its going to be a good start for you.
This quick and easy cheesecake is delicious and doesn’t require the oven. The crumbly base is a mix of digestive biscuits and shortbread.
Anyone can make it, Its really just “a piece of cake”
- 75g (3 oz) digestive biscuits, finely crushed
- 75g (3 oz) shortbread, finely crushed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 1/2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 (200g) tub cream cheese
- 5 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 120ml (4 fl oz) cream, whipped
- strawberry syrup & sliced fresh strawberries or other fruit (optional)
Prep: 15 mins | Extra time: 1 hour 45 mins
- In a bowl, mix together digestive biscuit crumbs, shortbread crumbs, melted butter and 3 1/2 tablespoons sugar.
- Press biscuit mixture into an 18 cm loose bottomed cake tin and place in refrigerator until ready for use.
- In another bowl, beat cream cheese, remaining sugar and lemon juice.
- Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture and spread over the biscuit base.
- Freeze cheesecake for 1 hour, covered with aluminium foil. Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes before serving.
- If desired, top with strawberry syrup and sliced strawberries or any kind of fruit topping when serving.