Now now, don’t be surprised pumpkins are delicious ingredient that can make few of the most delicious food out there be it deserts or soups, so don’t be afraid of experimenting with it a little in case you haven’t done that before, so if you ever bake this cake for someone do not tell them about our little secret ingredient not until they taste it.
- 400g pumpkins boiled with 3 tablespoons of sugar, drained.
- 1 ½ cup flour.
- 1 ½ cup sugar.
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder.
- ¾ Teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- ¾ Teaspoon salt.
- ¾ Teaspoon cinnamon.
- ¾ Cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
The cream cheese icing:
- 85g cream cheese
- 75g melted butter
- ¾ Icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 180c°, grease and line the bottom of a 26 cm round cake pan with parchment paper.
- With a balloon whisk mix your dry ingredients in a large bowl then add the pumpkin, vanilla ,eggs and oil , slightly beat them together with an electrical mixer.
- Pour your batter in your cake pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean, remove after 5 minutes and let it cool.
- For the icing , beat the cream cheese and the sugar together , then add the melted butter and vanilla , spread on your cake
Caramel goes well with this cake, decorate with some stripes on top.
Sara thinking out loud:
Sara says that Sara is depressed, I’ve been trying to make French Macaroons for the last few weeks and the results I got so far are awful, I got to keep on practicing and it’s driving me crazy.